Tuesday, February 25, 2014

A Winter Olympic Variety

We took a break from the everyday MFW to do an Amanda Bennett unit study on the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics.  http://unitstudy.com/Olympics2014.html
Here is the notebook we wrote in every day.



I really enjoyed learning about the different sports, facts and videos about Russia, and getting to explain good sportsmanship to my boys. 
      We also took this time to start a new math program. My kindergartener LOVES math even more now:
We began using Math-U-See Alpha. I really love this program. I recommend it to anyone who wants something more than a workbook. It's a great hands-on, visual learning program. 

We also did a lot of fun science projects. Tobes got science projects for both Christmas and his birthday.
Can you tell he loves science?







We also took more time to read Bob books:


to write thank you notes:


and to read-aloud some great stories.



We've made some great progress in the areas of readin', writin', and 'rithmetic, but I am ready to get back into our regular My Father's World program. Next up... P is for penguin!


No comments: