Monday, January 27, 2014

100th Day of School

 The boys had a blast today!
 First... I set up a 100 star path for them to wake up to in the morning....
It was like Christmas morning. 
I woke up to hear Tobin in the hall saying: "Jonah! COME SEE! It's 100 day!!!!"


I bought a bulletin board kit from Oriental trading company. We used the parts for decoration and 100 day hats!



" panda-monium" is a good word for describing our first 100 days:)


My yellow and  "3" obsessed child 


We had to put 1-100 back in order, which was a great learning experience, and then we taped them to our school room door. I am proud of my 5 year. He did really well today. Counting to 100 takes a LOT of patience!

 I said "strike a pose". LOL!

We made fruit loop necklaces with 100 fruit loops. Once again- lots of patience and perseverance!

It helps when you are promised such a sweet reward.

Daddy surprised Tobes with a 100 in Minecraft that had 100 emeralds in a treasure box!


Then I had the idea of skip counting by 10's by fingerpainting their "10 fingers" 5 times each.
 I have a feeling there was more like 1,000 by the end. 
I did count as they painted, but finger paint seems to make them crazy.


Bath followed, so no more pajama party after that adventure. 
I served 100 bites for lunch (they only had 16 left over)

You know you have boys when bulletin board decor is turned into swords, shields, and crowns.
 This says:
         I'd love to eat 100 "grapes", but I'd never eat 100 "grass". - Tobin
         I'd love to eat 100 "itty bitty cookies", but I'd never eat 100 "cars" - Jonah

FINALLY! He wrote a number every day for the last 100 days! He thought that meant no more school, and he was not delighted when I told him we have 80 more days to go.

We had a blast today! Tobin made up songs counting to 100, we made a "100 day" pin, we drew pictures, we went to the library, we went to the playground wearing our 100 day hats, we played dominoes, and we read the book "One Hundred Hungry Ants."
Considering we are also talking about I for insects, and that we have an ant farm we are observing right now, this book was perfect. It also shows how to skip count to 100, so we got some more math in too. Today was a party day, but also a math day. Doesn't get any better than that.

No comments: