Monday, August 11, 2014

First Day of School 2014/2015

Let the learning begin....
Tobin will be learning with My Father's World 1st grade curriculum, plus we have joined Classical Conversations this year! 
We will also continue with Math-u-see Alpha, though we are taking a break from it for now.
Jonah will be learning with the Pre-k curriculum from Sing, Spell, Read, and Write plus CC too!






First day highlights include:
 Starting our First Grade Journal (draw and write a sentence every Monday about the weekend - This is not from MFW. I got this idea from a local homeschool mom)

 writing our letters (and coloring red for Pre-K):

 Playing with the pattern blocks:



To me, the first day in home school is all about getting them excited about learning, and to introduce our new tools. I am very excited about this year, and I am already so amazed by how smart both of my boys are.


5 comments:

Kayla said...

love the journal idea! where did you buy the journal?

Hannah said...

Kayla- I got it from Miller Pads and Paper at the homeschool convention this summer. They have one for each grade, so I bought one for this year and next! For kindergarten, I found a free printable and put them in a binder, but this is so much easier and nicer looking.

Hannah said...

http://www.millerpadsandpaper.com/Picture-Story-Pad-0453MP.htm

Kimberly said...

Hannah, I think you MIGHT just be my new favorite person!!! I just started MFW 1st with my six year old and we are a first time CC family also!! I also have a four year old that is joining us this year. We have been sort of easing in over the last two weeks. I was planning to do MFW-K with my 4 yr old ONLY because I already had it. Are you only using the Sing, Spell... curriculum for your little? I like how you are working through all of it. I look forward to reading more posts.

Hannah said...

Kimberly,
LOVE to hear THAT! My four year old is part of the CC community as well, plus the Sing,Spell,Read,and Write curriculum.For the most part, I just use the coloring/work sheets and occasionally add a song, book, or craft they suggest. We did MFW-K last year, so I wanted a year break before he went through that curriculum. Plus, I want to wait until he is ready to write his letters.
Thanks for following! Makes it all the more worth it for me.