Monday, August 19, 2013

First Day of Kindergarten, take 2

Tobin decided on August 6th that it was time to start school again, so we did. I was planning to start the 14th, but the goal is to always keep excited about learning, right?



 We made our first lapbook, a term I have finally come to understand as: a scrapbook in a folder that is folded in a cool way. Sounds like fun, so we made one all about Mr. T. Okay, his name if everywhere, but as I have become homeschool bog obsessed lately, I have seen the trend of calling your kids by nicknames to protect their identity. Guess if I ever have more than 2 followers I will remedy my error.



My boy has grown up a lot in the last few months. When we did our trial run of kindergarten in January, writing anything was torture. Now he knows how to write his phone number and loves to write peoples' names. What is strange is that now he doesn't want to color. Guess I have to take what willingness I can get. We are now on our third week of homeschool, and things are going smoother than I had hoped. I am proud of my 5 1/2 year old. I have other posts to come about our adventures so far....so.....to be continued. 

No comments: