Friday, August 23, 2013

Learning about God's Beautiful Creation

The boys love singing "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands", and their favorite verse is "He's got you and me brother." We made our creation lapbook modified to show the brothers together.


here is the link to printables//lapbook idea: http://www.lapbooklessons.com/CreationLapbook.html

My favorite part on the lapbook, was  the boys' answers for what their favorite number was.
 Tobin said "#1 -  because he likes to win" (he is so my child).
 Jonah said "654-3211 - batman's phone number" (he is so his father's son). 

We enjoyed the beauty of the flowers God created:





we bagged up some of the blossoms to make out own watercolors

We crushed the petals, and then boiled them in water.
 They sorta turned out, but they weren't bright on paper. Still a cool science experiment.

We painted anyways with watercolors and q-tips. They loved making cool hairdos on the tops.

Neither child wanted to do the dot q-tip idea. Oh well.


My creative 3-year-old added some of the flower petals to his tree.

This week, our first full week back, served as a review. We reviewed creation, as that was the first week in My Father's World that we did back in January. I was surprised how much my 5 year old remembered. He knew day four was birds and fish before I even said it! We also reviewed alphabet and numbers, and we started our 100 day count and calendar again.

 I do plan on continuing My Father's World this fall...when it is L for Leaf and A for Apple time. For now, I am enjoying making my own unit studies. I am getting a taste of different styles of homeschool right now and sorta testing the waters. Planning unit studies is very time consuming, and hard to organize. That being said, it is enjoyable to customize what my boys are going to learn on a daily basis.
As always, this journey is... to be continued...

No comments: