Thursday, June 5, 2014

K is for Kangaroo and Z for Zebra

The best part of learning about the letter "K" is focusing on how to write it, and words that start with the letter "k" versus "c." English is so weird, but thankfully my son accepts the fact that "K" and "C" make the same sound. We enjoyed learning about kangaroos, and I added koalas to our books of information too (as they are my favorite). 




We learned "I am safe in God." Tobes tends toward the anxious side of things, and he really gets upset when I drop him off anywhere. I added the song "Grown-ups come back" from our favorite Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood show as we learned to trust God. 


We read the story Katy-No Pocket, , and it is now one of our favorites!

Then we moved on to "z for zebra".

I found this cool marble painting idea on this site (that I use A LOT):





I love how our painted zebras turned out for the copy work page, also from the same site listed above:


 My Tobes loves to hide, and he has always loved closing himself in boxes or other tight places and escaping. This unit focused on "I can't hide anything from God." Words he understood and never really thought of. I explained that God knows your thoughts and your heart, and he even knew Tobes before he was born! Talk about mind-exploding information for a little guy. 
:

We had a geography lesson looking for Australia for kangaroo unit,
 and now we found Africa for the zebra unit.
This is the globe that came with our curriculum:

And we made a poster too:

We covered kangaroo and zebra in 5 days total! Once we get determined, we can really cover a lot of material! Only three units left! (remember, we have been doing the units out of order). Next, is Q for Quail!










No comments: