Monday, June 9, 2014

V for Vegetable and Y for Yellow

LAST TWO UNITS FOR KINDERGARTEN! WOOHOO! 
I chose to do vegetables and colors together as I figured we could have fun eating a rainbow of food..and we did! We used the worksheet where we were supposed to graph how many crayons we had of each color, and instead used it to show how many fruits and veggies we bought of each color.
 I have never bought so much produce at one time before (thank goodness for Aldi)!

 They tried everything...still doesn't like peppers, but I am proud of him for trying it!
 Of course my sweet boys wanted to share with their best buddy and neighbor. Can you tell Jonah enjoyed the blackberries earlier?

other food adventures included zucchini muffins with craisins...

 and rainbow hot dog bun pizza with fruit salad clouds.

We had a blast making "garden of colors" lapbooks. from the www.homeschoolshare.com site.http://www.homeschoolshare.com/muncha.php




And we did this color book idea, though I didn't take pictures:

He also learned his color words as sight words with flashcards that I made. Up to this point, I had focused on phonics and not memorizing words (except "the"). I was really surprised how fast he memorized all those weird color words. "Blue", "pink", and  "orange" do not follow the rules!

his measuring worksheet

And we made fireworks tie-dye shirts for our last day of school party:
Idea from this site:sharpies tie-dye shirt


 Perfect pocket for batman to take a ride in:

I had a horrible headache on our last day of school, so I totally forgot to get a good picture of them both in their shirts. Hopefully they wash well so I can still get one in the future:).

The Biblical concept for vegetable is "God gives me all that I need." They got that fact easily. For the yellow unit, we learned "Thank you, God, for this beautiful world."

Here Tobes is (wearing the shirt, but you can see it) with his self portrait and the words 
"Thank you,God, for this beautiful world."

The perfect way to end our year: thanking God for everything he has given us and taking care of our needs.

Just one more post to round out our year...celebrating the end of kindergarten and beginning of first grade! To be continued...




No comments: