Monday, October 14, 2013

Music and Learning

Life would be better if it was a musical. I grew up on musicals, I grew up playing music, I think in tunes, and guess what... so do my boys:). So many lessons can be taught with music. I have a cd of skip counting songs that we started listening (and learning) this week. Tobin can now play "Mary Had a Little Lamb" on the piano. My boys both love finding the beat and play rhythms on whatever surface they can find. Tobin started his homeschool music class this week too, and he has no problem hitting his little drum to the beat.
           I introduced the idea of what music looks like in written form, and Tobin loved writing the music language of circles and lines with A-G. I love how he just accepts the concept of music theory as another fun thing to learn.


We also incorporated the Bible truth of using music to praise the Lord! We learned Psalm 150:6, and sang lots of praise music together. 


We also enjoyed painting with blue paint while listening to Rhapsody in Blue by George Gershwin. 


Being a stubborn musician myself, and not very good at technology, this post has taken me about a month to actually post. Why? Because I finally figured out how to post the above videos... I think. Oh, the stubborn part is that I don't want to ask my techie husband who would have figured it out in 3 seconds. So I have lots of posts to work on so that I can catch up! I really want to keep up with this as a journal/diary of sorts so I can feel accomplished in my daily doings:). Hope you enjoy!
and add more music into your lives!








No comments: